Saturday, January 26, 2013

The one with all the television

I haven't been feeling well this week, I came home from work early twice, and I stayed home one day.  Being sick is miserable but the good thing about it is that you get to stay home and watch television.  At least that's what I remember being good about staying home.

It turns out, daytime television is now TERRIBLE!  There was nothing that I wanted to watch on unless you're into infomercials, religious television and endless episodes of a baby story.  I watched a million episodes of friends, a few episodes of golden girls, a few episodes of i love lucy, a few episodes of boy meets world and a myriad of home improvement television and it dawned on me: I am so attached to older shows I have zero room for new shows!

I have a fear of getting attached to new television characters and dedicating more of my time to shows.

I can watch HGTV all day. House Hunters, Cousins on Call, Love it or List it, Property Virgins, For Rent, etc etc etc.  I can watch Food Network endlessly... Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, Chopped, and all of the cooking shows... I can watch reruns that I have seen a hundred thousand times over, but I cant give myself to a new cast.  I'm considering seeking therapy.  Is it time for me to start seeing other people? Is it time for a new drama or comedy in my life?  How will I ever know if I don't leave Central Perk? HOW WILL I KNOW?

1 comment:

  1. I can watch HGTV, A&E...all freaking day!!!

    THE IMPORTANT thing to remember is MTV2 shows Saved By the Bell a couple days a week for 2 hours in the late morning/early afternoon non stop, followed by 2 hours of Boy Meets World.

    ReplyDelete