Friday, November 2, 2012

November Thanks

I am going to be thankful this month, I won't be able to do every day as I have a huge impending cross country road trip, but I will do my best to express my gratitude through the month of November.

Day 1:
My Parents.
I am beyond thankful for the amazing people I have been so incredibly lucky to call mom and dad, or mama and papa if you're me! I have learned so much from them throughout my 27.5 years and I could not be happier to now consider them my closest friends. They are always there for me and always know the right thing to do/say/suggest and on top of it, are funny as hell, party like rock stars and do good for themselves, their loved ones and strangers alike. If I am half the woman my mother is or half as caring as my father I will consider myself a huge success!

Day 2:
My Independence
I have already mentioned my supportive parents, and they have instilled in me the ability to succeed and stand up on my own an support myself and live my own life according to my own rules. We have a lot of friends and relatives who like to judge from afar, and they've taught me to not give a fuck what those people think, or what anyone thinks, and instead just be myself, on my own, succeeding. I am extremely independent and love at the end of the day to sit down and realize how much I accomplished on my own, it's such a comforting feeling. I don't need anyone but me to be the best version of myself, and I am so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment